Learn about our Firm
Welcome and thank you for visiting my website. There are many attorneys and you honor me by considering me to represent you.
Like many my age, I grew up watching Perry Mason on television. He was a lawyer who always won the case at the very end of the show with a “surprise” witness. From that show’s inspiration, we’d often have a trial in my house after dinners. Dad was always the judge and my sister was usually my witness. As far back as I can remember I wanted to be an attorney and fight for people.
Throughout my school years, I took on every argument and every debate. I read every book about great lawyers and famous trials I could find.
I began my practice of law in 1980 and have rejoiced every day since, because every day I get to help somebody. I passed the Bar exam and went into practice for myself, and I took on cases in many areas of law, including criminal, family law, bankruptcy, small business representation, real estate settlements, and more. After about five years, I slowly started focusing my practice in the area of personal injury law because with this focus I felt the most accomplishment for my clients.
Since the late-80’s, I have focused on personal injury work. All I do is represent people who have been injured, and the families of those who have lost a loved one. I’ve seen the devastation that an injury can bring to people, physically, emotionally, and financially. I’ve also seen what insurance companies do, and I detest that they act as if people are plastic or metal. They think that throwing a little bit of money should make things okay. Money cannot erase an injury or bring back a lost loved one. I thrive on making things as right as they can be (and as expensive as they can be for the insurance companies).
Except for my law school years, I have lived in the Washington, D.C. area my entire life. I am married and have four daughters.
Call For A Complimentary Strategy Session that will include a written report you can use even if you do not hire me
- Lifelong resident of the Washington, D.C. area.
- Married, four daughters.
- University of Maryland, College Park, MD; received B.A.degree, 1977.
- Law School: Western New England School of Law, Springfield, MA; received J.D. degree, 1980.
- Private Practice Attorney since 1980.
- Licensed in Maryland and Virginia, in all courts
- Member of Maryland State Bar Association
- Member of Virginia State Bar Association
- Member of Montgomery County, Maryland, Bar Association
- Member of Fairfax County, Virginia, Bar Association
- Member of American Association for Justice
- Member of Maryland Association for Justice
- Member of Virginia Trial Lawyers Association