Let’s hear it for a jury in Rockingham County, Virginia, and the trial judge there. A young 16 year old woman was the victim of a drunk driver’s negligence causing her moderate physical injuries and some significant degree of mental anguish. The drunk apparently had quite a history of drunk driving convictions, and on this occasion had a BAC of .32%!!!! Clearly, to be that drunk and still able to operate a car, much less even remain conscious, you’d have to be a well weathered alcoholic…. Anyway, a few months ago the jury awarded this young lady $280,000.00, which included punitive damages. The drunk appealed, but the judge upheld the jury’s award.
Call For A Complimentary Strategy Session that will include a written report you can use even if you do not hire me
- News: One killed, two injured in DUI crash in Bailey’s Crossroads
- News: One killed, two injured in three-vehicle crash in Seat Pleasant
- News: Pedestrian struck and killed in Lanham
- News: Two killed in single-vehicle crash in Prince George’s County
- News: Child injured in crash involving tractor-trailer