I have a client with huge medical bills, and the full “policy limits” settlement amount wasn’t going to cover all of them. I called the hospital to request a discount on their bill. I was told “no”, and that their policy was no discounts, ever. I called back the next day and spoke to another person. They readily gave me a 35% discount. I’m pleased about the result (as will be my client), and I guess I shouldn’t complain because I know that persistence is an important part of any good arsenal, but I guess I have a problem with the first hospital person telling me about “the no discount policy” when clearly, there was room for discussion about a discount. On more than one level, I’m really annoyed. Don’t say something unless you’re sure, and if you’re not sure, go ask someone.
Call For A Complimentary Strategy Session that will include a written report you can use even if you do not hire me
- News: One injured after concrete truck overturns in Southeast DC
- News: Two injured in two-vehicle crash on Route 28 in Chantilly
- News: One killed after single-vehicle crash in Glen Burnie
- News: One killed, one injured in two-vehicle crash in Seat Pleasant
- News: Five injured in head-on collision in Gaithersburg